Monday, February 24, 2014

Baltimore, Maryland

My first and only visit on the East coast. Yep, usually it's the first side everybody come to visit, but I guess I felt too good and comfortable on the West side... As a result, those few days in Baltimore almost felt like a return to my roots... I mean European roots: a few narrow streets, sometimes even cobbled ones, brick buildings, small human scale shops. I know Baltimore is not the first choice city to see on the East coast (by the way I didn't chose to go there either), but because all is relative, it was pretty refreshing for me, considering that, at the time, what I knew was californian suburbian life.
Baltimore was founded in 1729, is located on the Chesapeake Bay, between Washington and Philadelphia, and is one of the most important port of the East coast. 

Fell's Point neighborhood, an old 19th century port village

 

No comments:

Post a Comment